Thursday, August 5, 2010

Why I Love Boca Burgers

Being Argentine, I am hardly a vegetarian.  I mean, come on people, the absolute staple of the Argentine diet is beef.  And like any red-blooded Argentine-American girl, I love a good burger.  But, being somewhat health conscious I do like to dabble in the non-meat variety of patties on buns.  A really tasty one is the black bean burger at Bar Carlo on Foster.  I also like the black bean burger at Burgerville.  But in terms of the buy-it-frozen-grill-at-home variety, the traditional Boca burger is my favorite.  Here are some of the reasons why:

1. It has a distinct "flame grilled" flavor.  YUM! No matter how you cook it, you'll feel like it just jumped off the charcoal BBQ grill and straight onto your bun.

2. The consistency actually tastes meaty instead of grainy or potato-y. This also makes it versatile and easy to cook without it falling apart.

3. It is delicious with all the fixin's (such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, etc.) but also really delicious with just a squirt of ketchup (tastes a bit like a school cafeteria burger this way, but I'll own up to it - I liked those too)!

4. You can serve it to your vegan friends and feel good about having dished up a solid serving of protein.

5. It has only 100 calories per serving, just 1 Weight Watchers point, only 1 gram of fat, 8 grams of carbs, a whopping 6 grams of fiber and yes, 19 grams of protein.

My hubby's out of town for work this week, so I haven't been my regular old cookin' up a storm self, plus, my son had his best buddy over, so this is what I served up for dinner:

Boca burgers on whole wheat buns
Organic sweet corn
Green salad with radishes and tomatoes

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment